Think twice before heading to Mexico’s Cabo San Lucas for the Capella Pedregal Food & Wine Festival from July 9–13, 2014. That’s because once you’ve attended this annual event, you’ll want to go back each and every summer.
This intimate festival—limited to 120 participants—brings together celebrity chefs with the resort’s very own executive chef, Yvan Mucharraz, and its food & beverage director, Marco Bustamante. Capella Pedregal pastry chef, Lauren Sung Wong Tee, will be on hand as well.
This year’s lineup of guest chefs includes…
• Kent Rathburn of Abacus in Dallas
• Dean Fearing of Fearing’s at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
• Tim Hollingsworth of Napa Valley’s French Laundry
Sommeliers and a Maestro Tequilero from Capella Pedregal will join this dream team for four days of decadent food and wine experiences.
The program includes just the right number of group activities while also leaving plenty of time for you to enjoy the resort on your own. The program includes…
• Welcome Reception—Settle in after arriving to the resort and then head to the El Farallon Terrace for the welcome reception, which will feature local wines, artisanal Mexican cheeses, and other specialty dishes. Get to know the resort staff, visiting chefs, and other festival participants while enjoying Spanish Flamenco music and dance.
• Daily Cooking Demonstrations—Enjoying the meals prepared for you by the master chefs in attendance is only half of the fun. They will also lead a series of cooking demonstrations so you can learn a few of their techniques and recipes to institute into your kitchen back home.
• Tequila Seminar—Arrive early for the tequila seminar because it’s one of the most popular events of the Capella Pedregal Food & Wine Festival! A Maestro Tequilero will host the workshop and step you through the tasting procedures for four very different tequilas.
• Wine Tastings—If tequila’s not your drink of choice, you may be better suited to attend the two wine tastings that are hosted by the resort’s own sommelier.
• Gourmet Beach BBQ—Another wildly popular event during this festival is the BBQ on Pedregal Beach with each chef manning a cooking station. Enjoy this decadent meal with the ocean as the backdrop and Latin music floating through the air.
• Grand Finale Dinner—The entire festival leads up to the Grand Finale Dinner at Don Manuel’s Restaurant. Each chef will prepare one of the courses of this distinctive five-course menu that will have you bragging to your friends back home.
• After Party with the Chefs—Don’t head to your room after the Grand Finale Dinner! Instead, cap off your festival experience at the After Party with the Chefs. Congratulate them all on a job well done while dancing to the music of the Capella All Star Band.
What Do You Think?
Have you ever attended a food and wine festival sponsored by a resort? We’d love to hear about it. Comment below.
—Emma Sandoval for Ultimate Jet Vacations