Villa UJV 190, also referred to as Gustavia Hill, is a charming one bedroom villa combining the proportions of a small traditional St. Barts villa with a very contemporary look and feel. Situated on ocean side part of Gustavia called "La Pointe," the house looks out on the Caribbean, and has the double advantage of being completely quiet, yet near the harbor with its lively activities: shops, restaurants, and the spectacle of the most beautiful yachts in the world.
Decorated in warm colors, rich woods, antique furniture and objects brought back from the owner's travels, the rooms give a feeling of calm and serenity. In the dining room, a large teak table from India can seat up to eight. The fully-equipped kitchen is accented with wood and stainless-steel. A small, more intimate and private room serves as an office and library during the warmer hours of the day - it is also a comfortable space for listening to music or watching TV. The bathroom with its spacious shower looks out on the patio. The bedroom is decorated in delicate shades of gray and white offset by the English mahogany furniture. It looks out on the patio and has a quiet and peaceful feeling.
The patio, with its hammock and palm trees caressed by the trade winds, is the ideal place for a siesta or for stargazing. From the large terrace on the ocean side one can see all the surrounding islands: St. Martin, Saba, Statia and St. Kitts. From here one can watch spectacular sunsets, and observe the sailing boats gently come back to harbor. An outside staircase gives direct access to a second terrace which directly overhangs the water. That is the place for sunbathing between the sky and the blue-green sea. Here one feels naturally drawn to meditation. A plunge pool is suspended in the rocks down from the lower terrace via 3 steps, and there is a bench to sit in the water and enjoy the view.
The soul of the house is its little cat. "Ti Gris," who arrived on the premises the first day that work started on the villa. He is gentle, affectionate and independent. He usually sleeps in the daytime, hunts at night, and appreciates being petted from time to time.
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player /Radio
- DVD Player
- French Satellite TV w/CNN, Home Cinema, and Apple TV
- High Speed Internet
- Maid Service is Daily, except Sundays & Holidays
- No Pets (there is a cat on the premises)
- Pool - 3 meters by 1.50 meters
- Safe with Code (w/ Key)
- 5-minute walk
- A short walk
- In Gustavia
- Children Allowed
- Child Min Age
- Children Not Permitted
Inclusions / Terms and Conditions
Villa Rentals in St Barths Include:
- Complimentary 24/7 personal concierge service during the length of their stay in St Barths. That includes:
- Being met at the airport arrivals gate by your personal concierge for the week
- Being escorted to the villa by that concierge, where you are given a complete orientation to the property
- 24/7 concierge desk service from your personal concierge during your stay, just send a text or call your concierge to set-up anything you desire: grocery delivery, private chef, restaurant reservations, boat charters, in-villa yoga, pilates or massage session, babysitter...and more
Standard minimum stay requirements for stays apply